StrawBerry KingDome

A Land Of Sweetness And Sourness...Sometimes with Bitterness....The Exact Land that a Human Walks.... -all in all....I LOVE STRAWBERRY...hehe- ~to know me better, its to know me tru my blog~

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Finally......My Master Piece !!

Phew.....finally, im done with it....my 1st hand made scarf.

I took a very very long time in making it, say, about, june till now? haha. Well, not that this scarf took a lot of time, but the process in learning is extremely long. Imagine, of that long long period, i only took 4-6days making this scarf, the rest, was spent in learning how to make, in training to control the strength of making each line.

Of course, of that period, too many things occured, chinese singing competition, buddhist camp, i broke down and cried due to some business which clear off all my mood, then rotation started, then i came back for the final night of chinese singing competition, then rotation ended, only i started to re-learn everything i learned before so many things occured. Haha. Pathetic right? Then, not that after i learned, i can straight away proceed into making the real scarf i want to gift Jane June. No way, at least this is not the way my mum think. She fished out a roll of used up wool and asked me to practice making a scarf there. I was grumbling and grumbling back then, but until i finished making the scarf when the whole roll of wool ended, only i realised that my work was terrible. Haha. Since i was rushing, thinking i can finish the scarf before my term starts, but what it turn out is holes here and there because i didn't bother to hold the wool tightly and let it slipped. Then, the measurement was terrible too. I didn't bother to check how many knots i need to make in one line, i just follow whatever number i want, so it turn out to be a weird shape.Furthermore, some knots i pulled too tightly and yet some i didn't pull, hence, it turn out to be in a very distorted way. Lolz. Funny right?

My mum tore it open when she saw my 1st piece of work and asked me to re-do. Well, you couldn't blame her actually since even I couldn't accept that work. So, i re-do the 2nd time, and the same thing occured except that the number of holes become lesser, there is a square coming out ( scarf suppose to be rectangle ) and the distorted become milder. Hence, re-do and re-do, for Nth time, until i lost count of the number of scarf my mum pulled away and i proceed into my term.

When my term started, i became very busy with school work and study. PBL every week, and usually by weekend, i would be exhausted to do more things except study. That was a very tired and pathetic period and i hardly touch my scarf. Finally, after my 1st summative exams, i went to start doing a little bit of a new scarf and surprisingly, my mum said i can proceed to the real scarf or else i shall never be able to give Jane June a 2007 birthday present before she left IMU for UK. haha. Real sarcastic, but its true. She also made me to promised to be very careful and if there is any holes, i should stop doing and tore it open.

So, i started the real thing, but things wasn't as smooth as i think. I can't seem to be satisfied with myself for the 1st 5 lines. Hence, i tore and tore, until during Raya break, i finally found a strength nice enough to make the real thing. So, the 2days before Raya Break ended, i really "start" the real thing and at the same time i was doing the rebonding of my hair. Haha. But thankful with the rebonding, i was able to sit there for 6 hours without complaining and my hands didn't stop knitting. By the end of the day, i was so happy to see a bit of results coming out. That night, i continue knitting until 3am which was when i really cannot stand anymore and went to bed.

The next day, i spent another 6 hours knitting. I have to stop not because i have class the following day, but because i ran out of wools. Haha. Pathetic. I thought with 3 rolls, it should be sufficient to make a scarf, but im wrong. It isn't enough, unless you want a half scarf for a scarf. Haha. So, the following week, i went back to the 100yen shop which i bought the wools and got a bad news there. I found the same old rack which i found my wools, but there is no such combination for my scarf ( i bought a packet consisting 3 rolls, 2 light brown and 1 dark brown ). I thought i must be blur eyes, so i keep searching until the shop keeper approached me. So, after enquiring, the shop keeper told me that my combination of colours was shifted to another 100yen shop.

Sigh, i thought that maybe i can find my wools in other shop which are not a retail 100yen shop, since the next nearest shop is either at Bukit Tinggi, Klang or SS2, or Taman Conought ( goodness knows where ). But, in other shops, which include Macy at Chi Cheong Kai which mainly retail on wools, DO NOT HAVE MY WOOLS. Its either the colour is not compatible or the thickness is not compatible. Well, i can't blame those shops actually since they imported china product and mine are Japan product. Hence, i made up my mind to visit any of the shops if i have a chance.

Finally, last thursday, i remembered i need to go to the UOB bank in Kota Damansara to get my ATM card ( don't ask me why i need to go so far coz i won't tell you ) and i need to bypass SS2 to get to Kota Damansara. You know what it signified? It means my CHANCE came..muahaha !! So, i visited the SS2 100yen shop but to find they do not have th same combination too, but they have the colours in other package. My mum was the Heroin of the day, She saw i was very sad and disappointed, so she approached the Shop keeper and asked him whether i can take the colours i want from other package to make up my combination and the shop keeper was so nice that he allow me to do so...HOOOORAY !!!

So, i started a little bit on thursday since when i got back from Kota Damansara and 1 Utama late that day. Then, Friday, which is yesterday, I work Full Blast. Haha. 12 Hours of knitting....actually its a very rough estimation, since i started doing at 1pm and ended up at 3.30am the next day, i minus of 1 hour for rest and 1 hour for dinner which, actually didn't take so much time. HeHe.

Today, finally, i finished up the whole thing and started the trimming work and the fringe work. Till just now around 11pm, before i started this post, i ended. OMG, its 12 am adi, means i ended 1 hour already. Hehe.

I actually felt a bit sad for giving away my baby scarf....sigh, my master piece, Usually i don't give people my master piece but keep it for my own use. 2 reasons, 1. usually 1st master piece would be very ugly. 2. I don't feel happy giving away my 1st product. Sigh. I guess i really need to give this away since if it wasn't for Jane June, i won't be doing this also and i won't be able to challenge myself to do this scarf in 1 week. Haha. I did it, i used 6 days, again, rough estimation !! haha.

Sad and Happy at the same time, DO not have a camera now, but i will make sure i take a picture of it tomorrow and paste it up here as memory. Sigh. My MASTER PIECE !!! sad sad ~ but happy......i finally finished Jane June's present !! Yeah !!

p/s : Jane June is my godsister back in IMU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home