StrawBerry KingDome

A Land Of Sweetness And Sourness...Sometimes with Bitterness....The Exact Land that a Human Walks.... -all in all....I LOVE STRAWBERRY...hehe- ~to know me better, its to know me tru my blog~

Thursday, July 31, 2008

KKB

Been to KKB since last Sunday.....wasn't expecting much from KKB since i had been there once (about 1 year ago) and i know, no matter how much it has changed, it won't be so obvious and it would certainly not been a change towards a better place.

Anyhow, here are what i did in KKB.

1. Clerking

yes, every morning, after the briefing at 9am, we will be group into 2 person per group and walk to the wards, and greet the patient that is allocated to us that day. I got 1DM patient, 1 HPT patient (this is actually not my patient, its some one's else la..but i tumpang. Haha) and last but not least, a 8mths pregnant mother. They are all fine. Very good and cooperative. They even let us perform physical examinations. And, from that, i know i sucks in Antenatal P.E. haha. They rest of the system, i can perform well without studying....but not for Antenatel, maybe i am just not talented enough for O&G, i guess?? =)

2. Presentation

Oh, this is the one that makes me into Dr. Lim's favourite girl. Well, we were asked to make our clerking history into short summary and present to Dr. Lim, one of our IMU lecturers. And, i also don't know it is a good luck or a bad luck, i was picked as the 1st to present. SHIT! haha. Anyhow, my poor patner went to the front to face the crowd, while i sat behind and defend him. lol. The funny thing is, i defended so much that at the end, Dr. Lim mistaken me as someone else and the people around me told me that i should go to the front instead of hidding in the crowd of people.

3. Food.

Wah, all i can say about the food there is....CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP (like a bird neh...haha). Chirp = cheap la. Imagine, we had 2 dinners at this restaurant call 98, once we have 13 people, ordering 4meat and 4vege, it only cost about Rm116 and the other one time, we have 10 people, ordered 2meat,4vege, which cost us about RM 86. Cheap neh? Then another restaurant called Ng Soon Kee, we ordered a claypot vegetarian tofu, a lemon chicken, an ostrich meat and 3 vege, it only cost 10 of us about RM 80. CHEAP OR NOT LA??? FAST FAST CHIRP with me....hahaha. =p Well, all except the lunch in the canteen. I can't believe that the food is so expensive !! See ah, i took 3 vege 1st day, it cost me Rm 5, the next day i took 2 vege, and again it cost me Rm 4.90?????? Lolz.

5. Pasar Malam

Yeah, i was right. I remembered the dates for pasar malam there well. It is indeed 9th and 29th of each month, even though after a year, the dates have not been changed yet. So, we went, but not until after a dinner with dearest Dr. Lim (she say want to know us better wor). The crowd is still there, the same atmosphere of people singing and even dancing in the middle of the pasar malam, the same type of smell from the stalls (fried fried stuff), the same amount of smoke floating around in the air esp in that particular lane where all the stalls are there, and the same old bubble tea stall sitting at the same old corner. haha. Sadly, i ordered the wrong drinks. When i went back to buy another one, i was told that the choice i want has sold out (heart broken....sob sob sob). Well, instead, i went to another stall, bought some mexico chocolate.........all i can say is......it so sweet.....sweet from the SYRUP not the chocolate. Aih =.=!!!

6. Hostel

Hmm, this time i was allocated in 1st floor along with my room mates (Nor Ailing, Alicia Si, Vivien, Sandy, Sara and Pei Chii). The place is still the same except that it is more...er...living (last time i was in 2nd floor,where it is so deserted, only IMU students living in that whole floor). Toilets are still so bad as usual, not to say dirty and rusted........1st time in my life, i understand how it feels when you have the urge to go toilet, but when you are in the toilet....you just cannot do anything cuz the condition is SO BAD. I don't mind much about cold water seeing that my family trained me up using cold baths, but i do mind a lot about the mosquitoes and stuffiness. OMG.


7. Room mates
All i can say is they are all FUN.

8. peoples

Oh yes.........i got to know few peoples better esp HOR JIAN MIN. I tell you, he keeps on bothering, keeps tease me, keep kacau me ...blah blah blah...whatever you can think of and even say i am trying to seduce him just because i am wearing a sleaveless blouse and i took out my lab cot infront of him (not on purpose, but its because he sits beside me. ) But, you know, he is fun. Haha. Always uses his CHARMNESS to talk to girls. Lucky is chaRm not CHAM.....haha. Anyway, I hate to admit it, but well, he is seriously quite good looking.......(i hope he don't see this...or he would laugh his head off since i don't want to admit infront of him)Besides him, there is Kim (which i never talked to him yet in my 2 years IMU life), the malays esp Farhan, my patner in clearking. He is a nice chap. And, many more.............Ailing la, Alicia la.....lah blah.

*note, i guess of so many people, i like alicia best !! hehe.

9. Memories

Quite a few memories this time.

a. I got banged by IMU bus. Er, correction, is not ME. but my car. haha. I was behind the bus and Jeremy was behind me (yes, ah teng, the Jeremy from the double J which i told you in sem 2). The bus stops after turning into a lane. Then suddenly, without any sign, the bus reverse and i honked him long and loud. BUt, still, the bus kiss my bonnet (why should the bus loves my car so much? I love my car not enough meh?)Anyhow, not to worry, the boss of the bus will pay me back ( i think will cost about RM 500 ++)

b. Labour. OMG!! I tell you, we were so enthu the 1st day we reached there that after the dinner, we just put on our lab coats and went to the labour ward. We missed the 1st delivery since the nurse didn't come and inform us although we were just strolling outside the ward, so we turned smarter and wait inside the ward and peep over the short wall which divide 2 beds into different cubicle. Haha. SO, you know, we didn't exactly take PERMISSION from the pregnant lady. After seeing that labour.....i have mixed feelings. I don't know whether i still want to get pregnant next time....and i don't know whether i want to undergo natural birth or epidural birth or cecearian. what i know clearly is.....I DON"T WANT TO HAVE EPISIOTOMY!!! IT HURTS !!! AND IT BLEEDS A LOT till i feel dizzy !!! OMG !! ( i have a friend who pengsan....haha)

c) Lameena's Birthday.

Oh this.....i basically went round and round the KKB town (which consist only 2 streets...haha) to find a cake for her. But, the effort was worthwhile since she was so surprised, shocked and HAPPY. Geehee..... =p


d) the best thing of all

I can speak CONFIDENTLY infront of everyone now!! Wee....i don't mind standing up, be in the spotlight to present and i don't mind putting up my hands and ask questions !!! Weeeeeeee~~~~~~~~





p/s: i guess thats all enough......i am just glad to come back to some civilisation, but if you improve the toilets, stuffiness and less mosq....best if you can build a house for me and let me keep clean myself......haha....then i don't really mind staying there for few months. =)

4 Comments:

Blogger Qian said...

wah KKb that bad meh, i m going there next sem..haha.

So how was ur car now? i hope its fine...lol.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger doreen said...

hahaha
going for repair lo...
Rm 350...
KKB...hmm....actually to say it bad...its not THAT BAD...
can live lar...
but just....at least make it a bit cleaner....
maybe im just over hygienic?

Friday, August 01, 2008 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Darrenmagic said...

Hi there..i guess i'm a senior of yours=)
Which year are you in now?

Friday, August 01, 2008 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger doreen said...

erm...
haha...
i guess so...
since im just a tweety young 2nd year medical student...hehe

do you come from the same uni as i am? As in IMU?

How to you get to know m blog?

Saturday, August 02, 2008 4:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home